• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk of #16, why do I need a can....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the talk of #16, why do I need a can....

I am getting the bug and might get a can of #16 before its gone(I know I can get a can) so.... For those who use #16, any photos around with #16 on black? How about your thoughts on it, pros/cons. Easy to use(like NXT)? I might use it with NXT (as talked about in another recent post). I guess worst case, if I don't like it I could put it in the "For Sale or Trade" forum.

Thanks!
    Brandon

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I don't think you need a can. You have seen pics of the work we do and NEVER use #16.

Send your money on #20, #21, or #66
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

i jsut want a can, because ive heard for durability, its the one to beat

Comment

Meg's #16 PPW is such a joy to use. It's the "old school" kind wax: no fancy smell, specific application technique, and superb results.

I'm happy I have my 2 cans! I will never give the stuff up!

Comment

Here's a link to a post i made a little while back, with a coat #16 applied to my truck.

I like it very well.

Comment

I used #21, and then topped with #16 for kicks. There not much differnce. I use #16 on my Jeep when the spirt moves me, or I get tired of the NXT/21 smell.

Theres really no diffence to my eyes

Here's a side with 2 coats of 21.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I think I have been convinced to skip #16. Yes its a quality product and all I have heard about it sounds good. But Superior Shine mentioned #21 and I have really wanted to give it a try (other than a small sample) more so than #16.

SiriusRIMZ.... Thanks for the photos, you are right either way you go its a great look and hard to see the difference.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I think everybody should have a can of #16. It’s like having a vintage car. You don’t need it, but it’d fun to play with.

PC.

Comment

i used #16 for the first time today...
                  seems like a very hard wax...

i did two coats of #21, and topped with #16

Comment

OK guys,

Is #16 all that great or is it the mystique of #16 that has everyone out buying the last cans? I used #16 when it was the only quality wax that Meguiar's had. I continued to use it because I didn't want to use any wax that contained silicones. (We were all paranoid about getting "fish eyes" when repaints were necessary.)

But now there is better stuff available -- easier to apply, more durable and equal in appearance.

I think it's the mystique. I was at a paint supply place and almost bought the last can of #16 on the shelf. I had to control myself because I bought the next to the last can a couple of months ago and I doubt if I'll ever open it.

Tom

Comment

The beauty of #16 is the value--you get a lot for what you pay for. Durability and gloss rivals products that are more expensive--i.e. P21s.

If you're an enthusiast detailer, one can is all you'll need. If you do as Mike Phillips says, and apply thin coats, this product will last you a very long time.

Not bad for a carnauba product.

Comment

It's old school. Next weekend I'm gonna to do wifes car. It's white. I will use 16 by DA. I kinda like variety. Check with O'reilly's. Last time I checked Des Monies warehouse had 1 can of 16.
                        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I think most of the hype about 16 is just that it was the "Old Reliable" for most of the long time detailers, and they used the product so much and understand it much better than the newer products.

For example, I understand NXT Liquid Wax moreso than 16 simply because I used NXT before I used 16, and I could predict the drying times, spreadablity, etc. 16 is a difficut wax to learn to use IMHO. The first time I used 16, I left it on for too long, and I felt like I was really pushing to remove it. I'm still not great with 16, but I must say, its the smoothest to apply by hand... taking it off takes some learning.

Comment

Just for the heck of it check out this article:

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                              Just for the heck of it check out this article:

Tom
                              I hate that article. By no means is carnauba dead! Long live carnauba!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');