• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clear Coat wax on SS paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Coat wax on SS paint?

Hey, I was detailing my car with very good results, but the only wax that I have is the GC clear coat wax. Will this hurt my single-stage paint? I've used it before, but prefer the NXT wax, but my girlfriend wanted to try the GC on her car and I'm saving for a trip we are taking in a week so I didn't want to spend more money before we left. Anyway, is it ok to use it on my paint or will it hurt something?

There's no wax Meguiars makes that will harm your paint (SS or BC/CC). Actually I helped wax a SS black Miata at the Meguiars Saturday class, and we used Tech Wax. That's not to say GC wouldn't do the same either, I just never used it on SS paint.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Thanks, I didn't think it would so I used it anyway, but I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't hurt anything anyway.

Comment

Yup, you're safe.

Just as a note, clear coat paints can be more sensitive than single stage paints. So what is safe for Clear-Coats will work on Single Stage Paints.

However, You can not always use Single Stage products on Clear-Coats and expect good results. An example of this would be old-fashioned rubbing compounds.

Luckily, Meguiars products are Clear Coat safe, so they are good for both, with no confusion. Always use them properly of course.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');