• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black painted metal around windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black painted metal around windows

what do y'all(sorry from Texas) use to dress the black metal around you windows? I have tried several megs products and still can't find somehting that works, I have tried:
    1. natural shine
    2. gold class trim detailer
    3. nxt protectant
    4. gold class protectant
    and all of these I apply with megs app pad(yellow) leave on maybe five minutes and buff off with ss microfiber
    the appearance of the product on the trim is horrible- just a little product smeared in the middle of the trim and if I do not buff out then when it gets wet or moring dew comes it runs and streaks down the windows and door, I am new to detailing so maybe it is something in my technique? any suggestions MOL

Re: black painted metal around windows

Originally posted by Andrew
    what do y'all(sorry from Texas) use to dress the black metal around you windows?
    Many of the coated metal parts around vehicle window trim are not painted with the same material as the rest of the vehicle. Some of them are a satin finish (designed to not shine nearly as brightly as the rest of the vehicle.)

Have you tried applying any kind of polish or wax/sealant to them?

Specifically, what type of vehicle are your working with? Perhaps one of us has done one of the same and has some more detailed information.
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Well, my wiper blades are black painted or coated metal. I just wax them, or at least the bigger areas.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The metal trim gets a coat of wax, the wiper blades I brush 303 protectant on.

Comment

Yes, I should say the metal frame gets waxed...
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

sorry for late reply couldn't get back online until now, my car is a 2002 white impala, and yes the paint on the metal does seem to be pretty shiney on its own, but I get a lot of finger prints and what not on them so I clean them and then just wanted to protect the paint from sun damage, ect. and no I have never polished or waxed that area but I will try that next time and see if it works, thanks

Comment

This thread is a bit old now but it just answered my question about the black metal trim on my envoy. I will try waxing it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');