• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

emblem adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emblem adhesive

what do you guys use to restick emblems (ford symbols, car names, jesus fish etc.. ) back onto cars once you have removed them.

TIA

matthew
    this IS my signature :-)

how about it mike, any advise for sticking those emblems back on?
    this IS my signature :-)

Comment

I have another question to add to this...how do you remove the gunk lefted behind after removing a emblem? And...whats a good way to remove a emblem?

Comment

I use a mild solvent to 'loosen' the adhesive... remember to allow it to dwell. Sometimes dental floss is helpful.

3M spray adhesives (Lowe's, Home Depot) are effective for reapplying.

jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

I'll take a stab at both ends of this stick.

For application, I'd recommend going to your local ACE Hardware and looking for Automotive Emblem Adhesive. Further, I think I've even seen it at Wal-Mart.

For removing emblems, I'd recommend utilizing a heat gun or hair dryer. Simply hold the heat on that specific area and begin to work the adhesive/emblem loose from the paint. Be careful as many emblems have mounting posts on them and will be very difficult to remove. Utilizing the aforementioned dental floss is certainly an option. Again, just be careful.

Once the emblem is off, follow up with a product like Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover or Gold Class Bug & Tar Wipes to remove any remaining residue.

RP
          -The Final Detail-
          Lagrange, Kentucky
          thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
          CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I have used 2 sided tape before. I bought it at an auto paint store.
            r. b.

Comment

Some have used in addition to dental floss, a small plastic spatula to aid in the removal.
              You learn to become Great, by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Comment

Rockpick is right on...
                the autobody shop I lurk at uses Auto Emblem Adhesive and it works like a charm...

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');