• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Paint job

ok i just got the rear of my car repainted i was told i cant use any wax on it for 2 months.what should i use to wash my car? is it also safe to use Meguiar's NTX speed detailer on it?

Any Meguiar's car wash is safe for fresh paint. I'm pretty confident their are not enough protection ingredients in any of our quick detailers to create any problems when applied to fresh paint but if you want to be on the safe side, then use M34 Final Inspection.

Also, read this...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Detailer420- FWIW, I've used #7 and #5 (prefer the latter myself) on fresh repaints since the 1970s. You have to reapply them after every wash, but pure polishes like this (including #3/#5/#7/#81 and Deep Crystal Step #2) are great for fresh, still-curing paint. You could also use #80 if you don't mind (or if you need) the mild, diminishing abrasives.

#5 is also about the easiest-to-use product you'll ever find
      Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Any Meguiar's car wash is safe for fresh paint. I'm pretty confident their are not enough protection ingredients in any of our quick detailers to create any problems when applied to fresh paint but if you want to be on the safe side, then use M34 Final Inspection.

Also, read this...

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=3704
        I just recently had my hood painted. So, I thought I would take a peek at this thread. My car has been in the garage pretty much since the paint work was completed so I haven't bothered to put any polish on.

I have to say though, Mike I really like your thread about the origins of the saying "fresh paint needs to breathe." Maybe people should just say "fresh paint needs to exhale."

Comment

well one of my friends painted my car so i washed it at the shop with some type of boby shop soap they had and i just dried it off and did the rims and windows.my plan for the next 2 months since i can do a full detail on it is to use Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner with a wash mitt .then use the spot free water system we have at work but i might give the M34 Final Inspection a try.i leave my car outside because it cant fit in the garage and i live in FL so the curin time might be less then 2months

Comment

Originally posted by Detailer420
            ..i leave my car outside because it cant fit in the garage
            I'd sure get some glaze/pure polish on it to provide at least a *little* protection. One bird bomb baking in the FLA heat could be awful on your (unprotected) fresh paint.
            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');