• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Precious sealed clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious sealed clay

I visited a store today in which there was a car detailing products section. I noticed they carry Meguiar's Quik Clay and Mother's kit.

Out of curiosity, I opened a Mother's box to check the size of the cleaner wax sample. I happened to notice that no clay was to be found in there. I opened another box, still no clay.

I took a Meguiar's box, still no clay, just the Quick Detailer.

Apparently, some people have no problem with stealing the clay and then buying a QD bottle, which is half the price of the clay kit and some unfortunate unwary customer will someday buy a clay kit which contains only a QD bottle.

Since neither Meguiars or Mothers want to sell clay only, I think it would be a good idea to seal the boxes with a clear plastic wrap.

Don't you think ?

Thanks for you suggestion, too bad about a portion of mankind.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Precious sealed clay

Originally posted by Skuz
      I visited a store today in which there was a car detailing products section. I noticed they carry Meguiar's Quik Clay and Mother's kit.

Out of curiosity, I opened a Mother's box to check the size of the cleaner wax sample. I happened to notice that no clay was to be found in there. I opened another box, still no clay.

Apparently, some people have no problem with stealing the clay and then buying a QD bottle, which is half the price of the clay kit and some unfortunate unwary customer will someday buy a clay kit which contains only a QD bottle.

Since neither Meguiars or Mothers want to sell clay only, I think it would be a good idea to seal the boxes with a clear plastic wrap.

Don't you think ?
      where were you buying from?
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

i've noticed this too. some places will use clear packing tape over the top flap to prevent theft of clay.

Comment

Very good idea, i fully suport the idea
          Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Did you take the boxes to the cashier or ask?

At my Pep Boys all of the clay is missing also. They remove it from the boxes and have it at the register. When you buy the kit, they give you the clay back. They said they do this because people have been stealing it. It's a preventative measure. Even taping the boxes didn't help.

So yes, people have been stealing it but it may be that the boxes you looked it have their clay sitting at the register.
            It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

I actually managed to get all the way home before I realised this just yesterday...

Luckily the cashier boys knew what I was on about when I came back to get the most improtant part of the kit!
              Gil A. Castillo

Comment

To sneek and godiva :

Yes I did talk to a cashier and they don't keep it elsewhere. I made the store manager aware of the situation.

It is a local store, not a very big one.

Comment

Re: Precious sealed clay

Originally posted by Skuz

Don't you think ?
                  you should've notified the store manager

edit: sorry I only read the first post

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');