• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 Over NXT..Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #16 Over NXT..Good or Bad?

Guys, I have been a long time Meguiars lover since using Gold Class liquid back in the early '90s. Recently have used the NXT Tech Wax and loved it even more than GC. Then, I got my '04 Sonic Blue Mustang and stumbled upon the Autopia forums. I got my hands on a PC 7424 and spent $95 on a Wolfgang Swirl Remover kit. After 2 days of work, the Wolfgang is going back to its supplier...I DONT LIKE IT!!
    Now, I want better than average results from my car. I really am happy with the NXT but want more. I have researched a little and found that #16 is highly recommended even though it has limited availability. I can get some and wondered if application over some NXT would give some OUTSTANDING results and better durabilty. Really don't wanna spend hundreds trying to find something that works. Also have some swirls and minor scratches I want to get rid of.
    BTW, here is my car after a fresh application of NXT:
    "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
    Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
    www.mcmmotorsports.com

you can get minor swirls out with ColorX (use with your PC on a meguiars W8006 on speed 5)
    or you can use ScratchX on the whole car (use with your PC on a meguiars W8006 on speed 5) also read How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX+Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line+What it Means to Remove a Scratch
    then use a polish like Deep Crystal Polish

i believe that you can use #16 over NXT Topping NXT or other products

you could also try #21 Synthetic Sealant because it could make your car look like its made of chrome just search for it on this fourm

also since you use NXT, this may help NXT Tech Wax Cure Time

and for things to go with your PC
    Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

ya i know lots of reading
    hope this helps
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I can't speak for #16, as I have not used it.... Just wanted to say awesome car, great color. Great looking wheels.

I have had very good luck with #80 Speed Glaze via PC for removing fine scratches and swirls.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks guys for the great recommendations. Just glad to be back with Meguiars. They have never, EVER let me down in the past, and I will never leave again. While doing some more research last night, on the "other site", I noticed that even though everyone had their preferences with different companies products (waxes,polishes, etc.) they all came back to this guy named Mike Phillips. Said he was the master with a PC. So I did a search on Google and wouldn't you know, it is the same Mike Phillips that is in here. I felt like such an idiot. All this time and the detailing god himself was right under my nose.
        Needless to say, I am going to clean out my shop of ANY AND EVERY OTHER PRODUCT I OWN and restock it with the products recommended above. I have no need to "try" other brands of products when my money could have been spent on the greatest product in the world from the start....MEGUIARS!
        BTW, GB387, don't get to fond of my wheels, they go bye-bye on Saturday for these (this is a chop BTW):

"I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
        Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
        www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');