• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Synthetic Sealant #21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Synthetic Sealant #21

Hi i was wondering when do you apply this product after you wax or before? Also which is better #20 Polymer Sealant or #21 for a Black clear coat Car?

Thanks,
    Fred

I would pick the #21.

As far as waxes and sealants, you are sort of getting caught up in other companies terminology. For Meguiars, waxes and sealants are about the same.

Synthetic Polymer/Sealant vs. Wax

If you choose to use #21, I would probably just use 2 coats of it. However, if you want to try things, you can try #21 topped with #26. By putting the carnuba wax on top, it may darken the color a little bit more. If you want to try it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Question about Synthetic Sealant #21

Originally posted by fred30350
      Hi i was wondering when do you apply this product after you wax or before? Also which is better #20 Polymer Sealant or #21 for a Black clear coat Car?
      If your going to do a coat of wax in addition to #21, I'd suggest putting the #21 on first. I like both 20 and 21, they both are easy to use, and look great. I'd give a slight edge to 20 in removal, but both are easy to use when applied thinly.
      Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

So yall are saying that the #21 sealent does the same thing as far as protection from the sun, bird poop ect.. as NXT Tech wax or a Carnauba wax would do ?

I thought that the sealent kinda hardens the paint so the paint will not scratch as easily when drying with towels or washing.
        IT seems my car scratches very easily i know why? I use only Meg. and a couple of mothers products

Also how do you post a pic of car for instance on thread?

Thanks,
        Fred

Comment

yup #21 does not harden the paint but it does add a layer of protection

Tutorials on how to crop, resize, upload and insert your pictures into your messages

How-to Crop your photos before uploading them to your gallery

How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!

Step-by-Step Picture-Posting HOW TO
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Be sure to use quality wash sponges/mitts, towels, etc. Most of your swirls will come from the washing step, so it is important to have good techinique and equipment.

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

Comment

Pic of my car. Will post more pics if yall would like
              As yall can see iam a NXT GEN Car Guy.

Comment

Another couple pics of my car

Comment

[IMG]http://archive.meguiarsonline.com
                  http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...AM0080-med.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Dont forget to wax that front plate as well...

Comment

Hey,

Having used literally gallons of both #20 and #21, I have found each have their advantages.

In terms of looks, I will give the edge to #21 as it provides a deeper, rich look where as #20 provides a higher gloss.

Application and removal: I would have to say #20. I have found very few products easier to work with. Meg's #21 is easy as well, but more difficult removal in colder temperatures.

Protection: this one is too close to call; both are excellent!

Overall, I would suggest the #21 as I prefer the deep wet look it provides on black. I would use #81 Hand Polish first and the top with 2 coats of #21. You will love the look!!!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the tip i have actually never done that and it is full of bugs

Comment

that last post of mine was for the front metal plate tip**

Pic is very blurry

Comment

are you sponcered by megs?
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord
                            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

NO I WISH

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');