• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 bucket wash method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bucket wash method?

Just a quick question about the two bucket washing method. I have always used one bucke when I wash my vehicles, however I have read and heard of people using a 2 bucket method. I also have heard of different variations of this method. Just wondering if any one can clue me in on how to use this method, and if there is an advantage over the one bucket method.
    You must stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Re: 2 bucket wash method?

Originally posted by blkbmw
    Just a quick question about the two bucket washing method. I have always used one bucke when I wash my vehicles, however I have read and heard of people using a 2 bucket method. I also have heard of different variations of this method. Just wondering if any one can clue me in on how to use this method, and if there is an advantage over the one bucket method.
    one bucket is pure water the other is soap and water. when ever you go to get more soap, always rinse the mitt around in the pure water bucket first to try and get any contaminates off the mitt frist, than get your clean soap.

hey all that in just one sentence. no wonder I failed english.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

Re: Re: 2 bucket wash method?

Originally posted by 2000
      one bucket is pure water the other is soap and water. when ever you go to get more soap, always rinse the mitt around in the pure water bucket first to try and get any contaminates off the mitt frist, than get your clean soap.

hey all that in just one sentence. no wonder I failed english.
      I use the two bucket method as well as a "Grit Guard" in the soap bucket. You would be suprised it still traps "grit" even after the rinse in the fresh water.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I really like Accumulator's (from Autopia) 5 bucket 2 hose method:

1 hose, 2 buckets for one side of the car, 1 bucket clean water, 1 bucket wash solution

ditto that on the other side of the car and a 5th bucket for placing mitts in.
        my product collection-- New !
        My Detailing Credo
        Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

***Bump***
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
            I use the two bucket method as well as a "Grit Guard" in the soap bucket. You would be suprised it still traps "grit" even after the rinse in the fresh water.
            You will be surprised at the amount of grit left in the bottom of the bucket. When I first tried the two bucket method w/o grit guards it was suprising. When I did the two buckets w/ grit guards it was amazing. I bet if you try this method you will be surprised also.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

blkbmw, watch this video at google:

Mike did a great job explaining this technique.
              .: German engineering in da haus.

Comment

Awesome video!! I'm anxious to wash my car now and use some newly-learned tips from there. Thanks for sharing that with us!!

Comment

I use the two bucket method now, but without the Grit Guard. Lots of stuff and the bottom of the water bucket, so I am wondering what the Grit Guard does. Just keep the stuff at the bottom of the bucket??
                  Thanks.
                  2006 Black Buick Lucerne (MY LAST BLACK VEHICLE)
                  2000 Silver Buick LeSabre
                  1977 White/Black Triumph TR-7

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
                    I use the two bucket method now, but without the Grit Guard. Lots of stuff and the bottom of the water bucket, so I am wondering what the Grit Guard does. Just keep the stuff at the bottom of the bucket??
                    Thanks.
                    Yes, it keeps the stuff at the bottom, in combination of the grid on top and the 'baffles' on the bottom it traps the grit and keeps it trapped... it also holds your mitt above the grit and gives you a surface to rub your mitt on to help release any grit in the mitt.
                    Brandon

Comment

Go to about the 25 minute mark on the video posted above and Mike shows you what the Grit Guard does. I guess I'll order a 2nd one because right now I only use one in the water-only rinse bucket.

I guess it means I've gone off the deep end if I'm watching vids on how to wash the car.

Comment

I actually use a 3 bucket method. First 2 buckets are used as shown in above posts.

The 3rd bucket is for wheels & tires only.
                        -Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Does Meguiars carry the Grit Guard? I can't find a source for them in Canada. Even Canada's largest Auto supplier doesn't carry them.
                          I'm getting bugged driving up and down the same old strip

Comment

Originally posted by 18611 View Post
                            Does Meguiars carry the Grit Guard. I can't find a source for them in Canada. Even Canada's largest Auto supplier doesn't carry them.
                            Have you tried the gritguard web site? or maybe usplastic website, they have 'live chat' to ask quesions?

Not sure if they ship to Canada.
                            Brandon

Comment

Thanks. I will have a look.
                              I'm getting bugged driving up and down the same old strip

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');