• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated thread just for questions about so-called paint protection plans/products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dedicated thread just for questions about so-called paint protection plans/produc

Originally posted by buda View Post
    The newest innovation on the market is liquid glass coating which is the "real deal. It is literally a "glass coating" that leaves a shine you have never seen. The protection is several years.

Read my article on liquid glass coating on my Facebook page, explains it all.

Expensive , but not worth what the big names in the field are charging
    Couldn't locate the FB article but did some Google searching. Is the product you're writing about a sealer? There are several different "Liquid Glass Products" and all are described as a paint sealant.

Found this to be interesting.
    Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

Comment

Re: Dedicated thread just for questions about so-called paint protection plans/produc

Originally posted by Blumax1 View Post
      Couldn't locate the FB article but did some Google searching. Is the product you're writing about a sealer? There are several different "Liquid Glass Products" and all are described as a paint sealant.

Found this to be interesting.
      http://www.autogeek.net/nano-paint-sealant.html
      Blumax1:

Strange you could not find my Facebook Page - Bud Abraham. If you scroll down far enough you will find the article, it is very good and explains the difference between a wax, a sealant and the liquid glass coating.

What the industry knows as a sealant is much like a wax. It contains dimotameous earth; solvent, oils, silicones, some sealants use wax, some do not.

Liquid Glass Coatings are not at all formulated like this they are Sodium Silicate (SiO2). It is a coating of pure, safe, quartz glass or silicon dioxide.

If you send me your email I can send you the article: buda@detailplus.com

Comment

I worked at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership as an auto technician. When the service department was slow I would prep and detail the new cars being sold. When a customer would pay hundreds extra for interior and exterior protection they would have me apply a off brand poor quality paint sealant to the exterior and several trigger pull sprays of an off brand low quality scotch guard interior protection. It was allways done in the back of the shop in the detail department before the customer would have the car delivered. I was disgusted that for 500$ plus dollars this was the interior and exterior protection they offered. I would never pay for this protection on a new vehicle knowing how much of a joke/ripoff it is. Just my 2 cents working at a stealership. Save your hard earned cash and scotch guard the interior yourself for less than 20$ and buy a paint sealant and diy and save hundreds.
        2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad

Comment

How do some people continue to miss the point regarding these paint protection products? Many of these products perform very well but to think that they will protect anything for years is ridiculous. Yes, scotch guard works as well as anything but if it fails will they pay to have the effected area repaired? There are many products that work as well or better than the material used in these programs but there is NO off the shelf product that will pay to have effected areas repainted like some of these programs provide. Stop looking at this as something it's not. If you have kids and buying a minivan to hall them and their friends around then I don't think $100 per year is an unreasonable cost to insure your interior is not "protected" but "insured" against permanent damage that would effect the resale value. Don't make this more complicated than it is. Critics will make negative claims concerning the so called protection these products provide while ignoring the real purpose of these programs which is simply an insurance policy against damage to the paint or interior. I'm familiar with several of these programs and don't know of any of them that require maintenance or a reapplication of the product. This reapplication requirement is usually implemented by the dealer with hopes of getting the customer back to the service department for a 3 million point inspection. This is real world in today's retail business. It cost much more to attract a new customer than it does to keep the customers you already have. It's call customer retention and is a component of any successful retail business model. Nobody makes the claim that the slick ads that are being used by clothing stores are for the purpose of getting the customer back into the store. This is a good business practice that CAN help both the consumer and the dealer benefit. Not everyone reads the factory maintenance schedule in the owners manual so they need information to properly maintain a $30,000 vehicle. Above all....read the damned contract before you sign. Some of these products will only have a vehicle "professionally detailed" which means compound and buff the effected panel and does not repair anything. It only makes bad paint shinny.

Comment

Re: Special forum just for questions about so-called paint protection plans and produ

"Push servicing" "Just a way for dealerships to make money" You were expecting a car dealership to ignore products that will compensate for giving you a good deal on a new car? They offer a program that includes an insurance policy that will repair including repainting effected areas both inside and out. Why would anyone have a problem with any company making a profit? It's not as if they pull a gun and force you to purchase.....anything.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');