Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xzilon Molecular Adhesion?

Registered Member

Re: Xzilon Molecular Adhesion?

There is nothing particularly unique about this product, the molecular adhesion they are speaking of is nothing more than the amino-functional silicone in the product that is cross-linking and curing. Every paint sealant that uses amino functional silicones does the same thing.

As for fabric protectant, this technology was developed by the giant 3M, again nothing here that is revolutionary other than the Marketing Names used by this company.

For anyone in the detail business and for all you car enthusiasts and your car buyers do not be sucked into these wild claims. You can buy a good paint selant yourself as well as a fabric protectant , both for less than $50 and apply them yourself for long lasting results.

Regards
    Bud Abraham
    DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Registered Member

I am getting the same results using Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax, but for only about $18 per bottle, and all that is required is a monthly maintenance under normal conditions. Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax uses synthetic polymers that bond with the paint/clear coat, similar to how Krylon Fusion bonds with plastic. That is both good and bad, though...Its good because it lasts longer than Carnauba wax and its bad because the stuff is next to impossible to strip off if you're trying to repaint the car. I do not know all that Xzilon does compared to Meguiar's; Meguiar's provides UV protection by reflecting the sun's rays, weatherproofing to guard against nature's elements (including temperature extremes; heat will destroy carnauba wax), protection from bug splatter, tree sap, road grime, bird droppings (they seem to always target cars that have just been cleaned), and also providing a deep-gloss metallic "wet look" shine, something most ordinary waxes cannot do.

Registered Member

Send an email to Commercial E-mail Link Removed and request that she send you the Cokmparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants and Waxes which will give you a comparison of several different products (25 tested) in terms of shine (before and after application); shine loss after 12 washings and durability to salt water corrosion.

Regards
    Bud Abraham
    DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Registered Member

Xzilon claims to be approved by Boeing....it only meets Boeing specifications & has only been tested on the inlet lipskin cowl...which is a metal ring....in the Service Letter that xzilon shows dealerships...the dealers are not reading what is actually in it...they see boeing & assume it is approved....A service letter is only issued when there is an issue with a product. The letter they show also says "revison removed caution about applying xzilon to paint". It also states on the first page that "it is only a temporary solution" for the inlet lipskin cowl...not the paint surface of a plane. The second letter in the Dealer packet says that "based on visual inspection" from Goodrich. What kind of test is "visual test" The truth is that xzilon is a petroleum based product....Yes, spraypaint rubs right of off it...but that's only because it's Petroleum! It is labor intensive, you have to apply it in 2x2 sections...because it dries so fast....alcohol in it.! Which basically means it is not good for paint & a friend of mine who works at Boeing has confirmed all of this. Dealerships just believe the horse & pony show that Xzilon reps show due to they are tired of Perma Plate which absolutely doesn't work.

Registered Member

I have a friend that got that on his car and I cut on him everytime I see him. But the thing that I do like about it is the gaurantee that comes with it. His girlfriend has a cheapie leather jacket that left black staining on his tan leather seats. Now the dealer has to either fix that or replace the seats. I could fix it with Mr. Clean Eraser but that's not the point. My question is: What if I detail his car? I will undoubtedly strip all of that stuff off and the car will be more protected than when he got it (let alone look better!!) but will the gaurantee still be valid? The dealer really has no way of knowing what is on the paint as far as protection is concerned but ya never know.

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar

This thread is an interesting read... also interesting is the post count by one member and the fact they've never returned and replied...
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Registered Member

I noticed that also!!!

Registered Member

Wink Xzlion Demo

I just had someone do a demo at my shop with Xzilon. We washed the car and chamoised it until the paint was dry and there were no water marks. Then with thier application mitt they opened the canister (which only last for 2 weeks after you open it) and applied the product to the surface of the vehicle. It is also applied to headlights and the black plastics (it will not stain it like regular waxes). After they put the product on they wiped it off and you have to let it sit for 45 minutes so it can bond to the surface of the vehicle. At another demo they actually took black spray paint and sprayed it on the car (after the car was treated with Xzilon) and you were able to wipe the spray paint right off. Now I didn't see that demo myself but someone I know saw it and it blew thier mind. The only thing I don't look forward to is getting the car prepped for treatment becuase you have to make sure there are no marks on the car otherwise they are sealed and you cant really buff it out unless you use a wax with a grit in it.

If you want more info email me at any time.

thestaces@hotmail.com

I just can't understand how the product can be warrentied for 5 years or more.

These protection packages have nothing to do with the products themselves. You're buying a warranty against stains and rust. The fact they rub a bit of magic goo over the car has nothing to do with the cost or the program.

More later..

Registered Member

Re: Xzlion Demo

Quote Originally Posted by KrownGirl View Post
    I just had someone do a demo at my shop with Xzilon. We washed the car and chamoised it until the paint was dry and there were no water marks. Then with thier application mitt they opened the canister (which only last for 2 weeks after you open it) and applied the product to the surface of the vehicle. It is also applied to headlights and the black plastics (it will not stain it like regular waxes). After they put the product on they wiped it off and you have to let it sit for 45 minutes so it can bond to the surface of the vehicle. At another demo they actually took black spray paint and sprayed it on the car (after the car was treated with Xzilon) and you were able to wipe the spray paint right off. Now I didn't see that demo myself but someone I know saw it and it blew thier mind. The only thing I don't look forward to is getting the car prepped for treatment becuase you have to make sure there are no marks on the car otherwise they are sealed and you cant really buff it out unless you use a wax with a grit in it.

If you want more info email me at any time.

thestaces@hotmail.com

I just can't understand how the product can be warrentied for 5 years or more.
    I am extremely wary of demos. I happen to be friends with a Justice Bros. distributor and a Wynns distributor. They have multiple competing products, the most popular ones being their radiator stop leak and their oil treatments. I've seen both of their stop leaks in action and can say they both work, as do countless other products. And I've seen both of their oil treatment demos. It's the same demo, but gives different results. In the JB demo, normal name brand oil is put in a small tray and a metal dowel is spun at high rpms and the demonstator uses a lever to apply pressure on the dowel. In just about a minute it starts smoking, then screeching and then locks up. Very impressive. Then they change to a new dowel, add a little of the JB product and Sampson couldn't make it smoke, screech or lock up. I"ve also seen him put Wynn's oil treatment in and the fireworks is back. Proof positive that JB is superior protection, right? Well, my Wynns distributor does the same demo except his Wynns oil treatment does wonderfully and the name brand oil with and without the JB oil treatment smokes, screeches and locks up! How can this be? It's a trick. The both use salt with their product and it will never lock up during a demo. However, the salt is highly corrosive and would destroy engine parts in the matter of a few days or less. If that was not the case, then everyone would use salt too.

And I have another issue with the person who spoke so highly of this dealer added product. Not to be the grammar/spelling police, but I don't want anyone near my car that doesn't know the difference between breaks and brakes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information