• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot Free water softener/Filtration system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Free water softener/Filtration system

Hi all,
    Need some advice, has anyone tried and would recommend the Spot Free water softener/filtration system? I was considering purchasing the 1000 unit as ADS carries these. I do have some hard water, but before I go spending over 300 bucks on this, I was hoping for some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

You can also try the CRSpotless system.

Comment

Thanks Setec,
      This one looks even more like what I'm looking for.

Tom

Comment

I see you have this in the pro detailers forum, not sure if you are a pro or not, but you might also try your local water softening companies. They usually will provide you with a DI tank that they will come and switch out when it is exhausted, which will likely be more economical, if you are using a lot of water.

Comment

I am not a Pro, but thought it maybe the best place to post this as I figured It would get more responses.

I guess I would consider myself a weekend enthusiast who is starting to get more and more customers from word of mouth and I am looking to improve upon my hobby with products and services offered.

Again, thanks for the link, as I have ordered the smaller wall mounted unit (100 gallons).

Tom

Comment

I apologize if im hijacking this thread...I kinda wanted to ask something based on the original question.

If you have a mobile pressure wash system, is their a way you can hook a filter onto these to get a spot free rinse out of your mobile unit?

Comment

Originally posted by CELL
              I apologize if im hijacking this thread...I kinda wanted to ask something based on the original question.

If you have a mobile pressure wash system, is their a way you can hook a filter onto these to get a spot free rinse out of your mobile unit?
              Fill your water tank with the DI water water.
              Proud Owner/ Avy's Mobile Detailing

Comment

Please keep us posted as to the effectiveness of the spot free rinse. I read the reviews online, but I would much rather hear a review from a trusted MOL member.
                1999 Ford Contour SVT
                Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                1966/2760

Comment

I ended up getting the CRSpotless DI100WM which is the wall mount unit and put it in about a week ago. I have only used it once so far, I washed a car we are selling and it was dark outside. I was curious to see the results the next morning, only to wake up wtih 2" of snow on the car. I did notice when I used that water to fill up my wash bucket, the soap was much thicker that normal, that was noticeable as was when I rinsed the car as well.

Since we now have two black vehicles and when it warms up a bit, I plan on doing a review on this system and letting the cars air dry. I will take pics and post my findings.

Tom

Comment

A review would be great! I already have a whole-house water softener, but I still get spots when I let water dry. I'm hoping this system will help lower the TDS level in my water.
                    1999 Ford Contour SVT
                    1966/2760

Comment

Will do, but I don't think it will be this weekend, the weather is supposed to be in the 20's so I won't be using the water outside... Hopefully soon though...

Tom

Comment

Have you had a chance to try out the spot free system yet? It must be a little nicer there by now.
                        1999 Ford Contour SVT
                        1966/2760

Comment

Hey Mike,
                          sorry, I forgot I had this thread open... Yea, I have used it about 6-8 wash jobs now on both mine and my wife's black vehicles. I use it hooked up with my karcher power washer and it works great. I was using it with my foam gun to soak the car down, but as the weather has gotten warmer, the soap dries too fast before I can work my way around the car.

The last two washes, I didn't even bother to dry off the car just to see if there was any spotting at all. Normally I have very hard water, car would spot and I would see water spots like crazy if I left any water on it at all. I would say this device eliminated probably 97-98% of the hard water spotting. I wouldn't say it's 100% spot free, because in a few places, I saw some water residue, but that's also on a black vehicle sitting outside waiting to dry. If I went back to sheet the water off, I am sure that would probably eliminate all spotting. I am curious to see how many wash jobs I can get out of the filter sets. So far, I have been doing the washing and rinsing and filling my two wash/rinse buckets with this water. Depending on how far it goes before needing to change the filters, I may opt to just use it for rinse water. I think using a pressure washer helps to conserve water as well.

I don't have any pics decent pictures yet, but later this week I will wash my car after work and take some pictures and hope to update this post.

So far, I am happy with the product and probably give it a thumbs up for recommending it, but want to see how much mileage I can get before having to change the filters.

Tom

Comment

I'm a little late on this thread but RockPick took the time and put together a very good review w/ pics of the Spot Free Filter system

A Review of the SPOT FREE WATER SOFTENER / FILTRATION UNIT

Comment

Hi F-150,
                              These are two seperate systems. Brad (RockPick) chose the Spot Free water filter and the route I took was the CR Spotless system. Brad did an excellent review of the Spot Free water filter.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');