• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaks in paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaks in paint

A few months ago I started reading this fourm to find out how to make my car look better. I bought all the supplies and set out to work. After washing my car with DC car wash, I clayed it with the only clay we had here at that time, Clay magic. The paint turned out to be smooth, but the lubricant left streaks when it dried. I've used DC paint cleaner, but with no success. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can use to get rid of these streaks?

Sounds like the finish has swirls in the paint. I'd go to #80 or #83 with a PC. If the DC paint cleaner didn't remove the swirls than you will need to get more aggressive. If you don't have a PC then try Scratch X or ColorX and work a small area at a time until the marks are gone.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Hey

It does sound like swirls or towel marks.

I also agree that you should use either ScratchX or ColorX. Here are some helpful links!

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');