• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does wax last on surface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does wax last on surface?

Hi,

I have got a really basic question about waxing and cleaning...

I have recently detailed my car by following the 3 Step process... cleaning, polishing and waxing. The end result is fantastic, the mirror finish is just awsome and I have never seen my car this clean before.

However, one thing that really annoys me is that the wax doesn't seem to last or stay very long on the surface. The surface has turned from "super smooth" immediately after waxing to "kind of rough" only after 2 hand wash.

I wonder if I wash or wax my car correctly. Shouldn't the wax stay on the surface longer?

FYI, I use Meguiar's Soft Wash Gel and Meguiar’s Gold Class Wax (liquid).

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Shane

The protection will last a long time, but that wet look high gloss wont. Thats what spray wax and qd are for.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A
      The protection will last a long time, but that wet look high gloss wont. Thats what spray wax and qd are for.
      So your talking NXT Generation Speed Detailer and/or Quick Detailer/Quick Wax would that be correct? and may i ask how often would you use that?
      Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Quick wax or Nxt Spray wax used after every hand wash would add some protection and gloss

Comment

How often would you wax your car, weekly, fortnightly or monthly and would the DC System Carnauba Wax would be ok after appling the DC Wet-Look Polymer Sealant or use the DC Wax straight out after using the sealant?
          Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

I admit I am lazy and don't want to wax my car evey month... (may be every 3 months). Can someone tell me which wax products are longer lasting? Thanks

Comment

During the nice weather months, I wax once a month, and Quik wax at least once a week. During the winter, I do my best. The wax on my truck and my wife's car have held up the whole winter before.
              2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Originally posted by mrsk
                I admit I am lazy and don't want to wax my car evey month... (may be every 3 months). Can someone tell me which wax products are longer lasting? Thanks
                Here again Spray waxes or QD. Thats the only way that I know of to maintain that wet look gloss . Do it after every wash or every other wash , your choice. It will only add 15 minutes to your car cleaning time.

Comment

Some combinations of LSP and shampoo work better than others and it can be surprising how some shampoos affect some LSPs. You might try using one of the Pro line shampoos, I find #62 to be the best all-around Meguiar's shampoo for my vehicles.
                  Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Try M#21, or M#20. You will probably find that these last longer than Gold Class. And try not to let any water touch the paint the first 12-24 hours while the paint cures. The paint cures more quickly than that in warmer weather.

Also use the NXT Speed Detailer when removing those last few water spots after a car wash.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Get yourself some M-1611 (Meguiar's #16) wax. Its a very durable wax but was discontinued due to VOC regulations. If you need some PM me. I have plenty.
                      I am the same way, I do not want to wax every month, so I use the #16, and then I quik detail in between.

2 coats of #16 should last you 3 months easy.
                      http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Yeah, he's not kidding about the #16.
                        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I use NXT Tech wax. After a wax, the car has a very smooth, slippery surface. Almost like ******. It seemed to retain that slippery surface throughout the week.

But after I washed it I washed it one week later with Gold Class was, that smooth, slippery feel seemed to go away. I used NXT spray wax and the feel returned.

Comment

Yes, Nxt seems to protect very well, but loses its slipperiness quickly. The Speed Detailer and QuickWax are quite important after washing with the NXt wax.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');