• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby here wanting a question answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby here wanting a question answered

Hi all im new to this forum and ive been wanting to have some questions answered if possible, ok so ive been usinig a rival product (polyglaze) for some time and have been unaware of meguiares products for some time so i guess my questions star there, would the chemicles in polyglaze product stuff up the quiity of the meguiars products if i went from polyglaze to meguiares? Also what should i start of with (a basic package)? Im also wondering about the price of meguiares products as i have found they are $20+ for most of them. Any sugestions would be kindly taken aboard, thank you.
    Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

If you just want the basics, try the Meguiars Consumer Line of products:

1) Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    2) Deep Crystal Polish
    3) Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant or DC Carnuaba

These are the minimum basic products needed. The DC paint cleaner will remove any product already on the car, prepping it for the other Meguiars products.

From that starting point, you can add the Quik Clay, NXT waxes or even move into the Megs Professional Line etc.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Don, what is DC wet look polymer sealant???? It that new?

Kelly
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc

Don, what is DC wet look polymer sealant???? It that new?

Kelly
        I think the DC polymer sealant is available overseas.

Last edited by gb387; Jan 14, 2006, 09:48 AM.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Ahhhh.... Figures.
          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Does yoru car have many swirls, or other defects that need removing? Or is the paint in good shape?

The DC#1 will not remove any swirls, it is a mild cleaner. You may have to go to a product like ScratchX if you have swirls, etc.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
              Does yoru car have many swirls, or other defects that need removing? Or is the paint in good shape?

The DC#1 will not remove any swirls, it is a mild cleaner. You may have to go to a product like ScratchX if you have swirls, etc.
              My paint aint in a very good shape on one side, it has some fading and due to a trip to a cruddy pathetic car wash place it has made it worse by leaving a white run off which i have had to use a cut and polish to bring it back but as soon as it rains it get that white run off come back and i am extreamly [edited for inappropriate language; 2hotford] about that. I have NO IDEA what crud thehir usinig to "clean peoples cars" but it s ure does stuff the paint job up. PLEASE HELP im ashamed to drive my car loking like crud

[edited for inappropriate language. Please keep the language "G" rated as this is a family site. Thank-You; 2hotford]

Comment

Ok good people of the forum i have just purchesed some meguuiars produst to get y cacr looking its best (may take some work but shes worth it)

i have got the

Soft wash gel
                Deep cystal paint cleaner (now with this do i use it every time i wash my car or not?)
                Deep crystal wet-look polymer sealant

can someone tell me if thats the right order in which i use them.

many thanks and greatly appreciaited

Comment

Originally posted by roaringlion
                  Ok good people of the forum i have just purchased some meguiars products to get my car looking its best (may take some work but shes worth it)

i have got the

Soft wash gel
                  Deep cystal paint cleaner (now with this do i use it every time i wash my car or not?)
                  Deep crystal wet-look polymer sealant

can someone tell me if thats the right order in which i use them.

many thanks and greatly appreciated
                  You have them in the right order: wash, DC Paint Cleaner then DC Wet Look. No, you do not need to use the paint Cleaner everytime. At most, it should only NEED to be used every 4 - 6 months (along with claying) to remove stubborn, built-up contamination that washing doesn't remove from the paint.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Thank you all so much, i enjoy reading all your peoples posts and am learninig heaps, thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');