• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna Meguiar-ize my white car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna Meguiar-ize my white car

Car: 1999 Acura Integra LS in Tafetta White, spent all its life in the Florida heat and recently moved to NY w/ me when I bought it (unsure about its past care)

Paint is pretty much swirl free only a couple of fine lines and scratches when looked at under bright sun.

What Meguiars products do you reccomend I use on a white car and can be purchase online?

Thanks!

i would say
    feel the paint if its doesn't feel smooth as glass then try using Quik Clay System
    if it does feel smooth just skip the clay and go
    Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner on the whole car and ScratchX on the scratches then go with
    Deep Crystal Polish
    and then finnish with NXT Generation Tech Wax

or you could just go with a cleaner wax like ColorX or Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax

i think you would use the same products no mater what the colour of the car
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I would definately clay any car the first time you are detailing it.

I assume you are working by hand, so everything sneek said will work great.

On my car, which is a daily driver, is use ColorX and a coat of Nxt every 2 months or so, with some spray wax during washes in between. So dont discount the usefullness of a good cleaner/wax in between full 5-step details.

And be sure to use a good car wash soap like Gold Class or Nxt, with the 2-bucket system, and a GritGuard. I like Meguiars Water Magnet towels to dry with.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

dont forget Deep Crystal wash -my wash of choice/only wash i can get my hands on
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Last time I detailed I did Wash w/ Meguiars Deep Shine
          Clay Magic Clay followed byMeguiars Cleaner Wax then I topped it off w/ NXT Paste wax and used the spray booster every wash. Recently I washed and did a coat of Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze x2 then Natty's blue

I am due for another detial so I wanna use Meguiars again since they readily available and easy to use!

Comment

never heard of Meguiars Deep Shine do you have a picture?

also are you working by hand ?
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Sorry its Deep Crystal Wash not shine, yes I do all the work by hand. I am 16 years old btw..

Comment

lol same! well 17 on friday!
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord

Comment

I will be 17 on May 10th

Comment

I've posted this elsewhere here on MOL, but I can't find it, so I'll send you to this link of my white 2004.5 Volvo S40. It lists the steps and products I use on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                      lol same! well 17 on friday!
                      Heh I turn 17 on Wednesday... Happy Birthday!

Sorry To High-Jack Your Thread, but try reading up on Meguiar's 5 Step Care System

Comment

:p in that long post i made about waxes i forgot the 5 step happy Bday SiriusRIMZ!
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');