• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

karcher foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karcher foam gun

okay, I just got a new karcher foam gun and decided to take it for a spin yesterday.
    I filled it about half full, 4 oz. I'm guessing with NXT car wash and attached it to my karcher power washer. I then started spraying the car down and WOW, the amount of foam was incredible. On the down side, it used up all the soap by the time I made one pass around the but the foam was nice and thick on the car. I then grabbed a wash mit and a rinse bucket and made a spin around car. The dirt, grime and winter crud just melted away using this method and since it was in the 40's yesterday the car stayed wet the entire time.

I give this little device a thumbs up!

that looks good, its definetly the way to go for a winter clean,

i too found that the bottle method used up all the shampoo alot quicker than i'd normally go through a bottle of wash.

heres i link that might interest you for future experimenting

Alex

Comment

Do you know if that made for only the karcher power washers or any brand? maybe this will help.... Is there a quick connect on it?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey, thanks for the info Alex.

gb387, this particular unit is made by Karcher for the Karcher units. It has a quick connect like the different nozzles you use on the Karcher units.

I am unaware if you can use them on something else, but I would be willing to bet someone else makes something similar.

Nice little device, especially for winter washing.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the post Tom!

Does it say what pressure the foam gun can handle? Like Gb, I am curious as to whether it would work on my pressure washer.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

what you guys want is one of these:
            karcher.ca/Videos/DualWandWeb.wmv [Sorry, no commercial links; 2hotford]

Does it say what pressure the foam gun can handle? Like Gb, I am curious as to whether it would work on my pressure washer.
            i think they're designed for all Karchers, i'm not sure how cheap or available they are over there but there is a guy here

detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10126#post10126
            who has a couple for sale?

i have a cheap DIY store own brand pressure washer and that came with a bottle attachment that works in the same way.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
              Nice little device, especially for winter washing.
              My thoughts exactly! I have a soap feed on my power washer, I tried to use it once with no luck and its kind of a pain. The built in soap "cup" looks like its the way to go! I am heading to Home Depot today, I will have to check it out and see what they have.
              Brandon

Comment

Hey Tim,
                here what is says from the place I bought it from:

"Ideal for applications which require a thick foam. Simply fill the resevoir cup with liquid pressure washer detergent to generate a foam spray. Connects directly to the trigger gun. Fits most Karcher pressure washers up to 2300 PSI."

If your interested, I can PM you the link to were I bought it from. the company is RJ Bowers Distributors Inc.

Tom

Comment

Checked out Home Depot, nothing for the model power wash I have. I will hit up a couple more stores to see what else is out there.
                  Brandon

Comment

gb387
                    You could try Amazon as they have a pretty good selection of items, or look up the manufacturer of your power washer and see if they offer one as an accessory.

Comment

Looks like a nice part for the Karcher. I`m wondering because this product is now available in germany - and karcher is a german company... really great! :-(

Comment

Thanks for the post Tom. I was looking at these the other night and contemplating getting one. I'll definately pick one up now.

Rob

Comment

Thanks for the post Tom! And for those that think 4OZ goes way too fast, just drill a hole in your Car Wash cap and plug it directly into your Karcher--you will lose 10 OZ like never before! See on my 2nd jug and still on the first car!!

No jk, that jug to the right was empty already.

Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Interesting article! I already own a Kärcher and the spray accessory - and i did try out spraying the NXT Wash with it.
                            Didn't do my homework and calculate the mix, so it most likely was too rich but after reading that article - I'll go home and check the flowrate of mine.
                            Do, or do not - there is no try.

Comment

Bought myself one of these 'Karcher Foam Guns' from the local version of Home Depot >> Halfords £14.99.

Got exact same results as Tom, really does the trick but as Tom says about 1/4 fill of reservoir for 1 turn round car. I also found that when i then used the washmit there appeared to be too much Wash on the car (used Gold Glass). Next time i may dilute the wash to 1:3 and see what results i get. Has anyone tried this?

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');