• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's in México

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's in México

Hi everyone, i'm a car enthusiast from México, so I'm not very good with english please be patient with me.

I'm a new meguiar's fan, the products are fantastics. But I have a big problem, in México, they are to expensive Most of them are double priced !!! ( I check prices at meguiars.com store)
    Thech protect here about $13
    Tech wax $30
    Dual action polisher $500

I don't know if you can do something about it.

I've been thinking, do you have any price control? Because, México is not to far from USA to justify those prices I think.

There is another problem. The importer, don't have all the products. I have been requesting for the water magnet, chamois, supreme Shine Microfiber, and some others, and they don't have them.

Can you talk about these with the importer company?

Anyway, i like your products very much, and I will continue buying them, aslong my pocket let me do it

By the way... Happy New Year

Hi hugo,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

From time to time the topic of pricing for Meguiar's products comes up on this forum and all I can really do is to pass this along to management.

The primary purpose of this forum is to help people get the best results from their time, money and efforts when using our products, so sciencing out pricing is a bit out of my realm.

Besides that... Welcome!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

OK Mike, thanks for take a look at my topic. I have to say this is a incredible forum and I have learned a lot after many hour of being reading their topics

I see you around Thanks

Comment

Re: Meguiar's in México

Originally posted by hugo
        Hi everyone, i'm a car enthusiast from México, so I'm not very good with english please be patient with me.
        Hola Hugo! Como estas?

My name is Alejandro and I live in Costa Rica, altough I live much farther down than you I can relate to the price difference.
        In my case most of it has to do with import duties or taxes. Sometimes an article will cost the same as in the states, but when all the customs duties and other taxes are applied the prices double.
        But take into account that at least we can get some of the stuff, I would rather pay more, than not be able to get anything at all.

Alex
        Mandarina Racing

Comment

the prices aren't too bad! its on par with what canada is at but hey when you done detailing the cars its all worth it!!!
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I agree guys, I only wish i can buy all by Meguiar's, but I have to wait and try something at a time

By the way, today i buy my first Endurance high gloss (before i used natural shine) i can't wait for try it

Comment

Hola Hugo (supongo que escribire en ingles)I'm from Mexico too. I have the same problem here but I have the U.S border (Laredo texas) only 2 hours of travel in car so I bought all my products over there, because they are cheaper and in this holiday season they rised the amount of products that you can pass without tax in the custom from 50 dls to 300 dls so I even bought a porter cable (I'm still waiting from my pads that I ordered on the net ). But yes It's sad because I want to buy the products here to help the importers but they are very overpriced.

Bienvenido a meguiars en linea it's good to see another mexican here and if you can check my threads.

ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

Gracias, (aunque no soy muy bueno con el ingles, tratare de seguir escribiendo así, ya que no debemos excluir a los demás )

You're very lucky to be so close the USA

My dad has always taken care very well of his cars and for that reason I have learned to do it also. But now I'm the one that teaches him many things that I have learned of the forum , although many people think I'm a little bit crazy ( especially my girlfriend ) I already check your threads and I bett your friend and your aunt are very happy that you are crazy for detailing

Saludos desde el Estado de México!!!

Comment

Tnx you should post pictures of your golf, I have a jetta and when I get my pads I will post my first use of the pc and maybe in the future if you like I can get you some products over the border
                  ayudando a los regiomontanos a que sus autos brillen waldo_gomez@hotmail.com

Comment

I'm a little confused about the explanation of prices being so high in Mexico and Canada. There is a little thing called NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) which allows all goods that are made in the USA to pass into Mexico and Canada free of any duty, and vice versa.
                    Leo

Comment

Doctor Detailer: I don't have pictures about detailing my Golf because I didn't have camera, I just buy it . I will take pictures of my next work. Thank you for the offer, I will need it let me know when you go for it please.

DFTowel: That's what I'm wonder were is the NAFTA??? Why other products from USA in México are in the same price and Meguiar's don't??

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');