• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

convertible top cleaner & preservative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convertible top cleaner & preservative

Convertible Top Cleaner & Preservative

Excuse the new user but I recently picked up my first convertible and want to clean and treat the black top to keep it looking sharp. I've got the Rx for the paint, etc. but do not know what to use on the top.

The top is the original on an 04 Mustang. I presume it is a coated or treated vinyl, not cloth.

What Meguiar's product works best?

Thanks!

Re: convertible top cleaner & preservative

Originally posted by yzfer145
    Excuse the new user but I recently picked up my first convertible and want to clean and treat the black top to keep it looking sharp. I've got the Rx for the paint, etc. but do not know what to use on the top. The top is the original on an 04 Mustang. I presume it is a coated or treated vinyl, not cloth. What Meguiar's product works best?

Thanks!
    Hi yzfer145,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Okay, I did a little research and here's what I found out, the top on your car is made by the Haartz company, here's a picture from their website listing the Mustang and the type of material used to make the top.

Here's a link to their website that will get you close to where the above photo was taken but it's not exact because of the way they display their web pages, you'll have to dig around a little.

On the Haartz website they recommend Raggtopp products,

One of the reasons for this is because in the past we have not made dedicated products for these materials. Now we do. At this time our products for these materials are in our Marine Line and directed towards the Marine market.

Are they compatible with automotive convertible top materials? I don't have specific answers to that but I can try to get more information for you next week when everyone returns to work here at Meguiar's.

Here's a link to our Marine products,

Canvas Cleaner

Canvas Protectant

I know you mentioned in your e-mail to me that you are a Meguiar's user so if we can provide the solutions for your needs we would like to but at the end of the day the most important thing is to get you the right product as well as the best product for the job and if that's a competitors product then that's what we'll do.

So do some reading in the links I have provided and hang tight as I'm going to send the link to this thread to the Product Manager for both Marine products and Consumer products to see if I can get some help.

Thanks!

p.s.

Thanks for posting your question to our forum!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Outstanding info and response Mike! I knew the products were great but I am blown away by the thoroughness of the response so quickly. I'll hang tight for additional information on the applicability of the marine products. I really appreciate your efforts. Thanks much.

yzfer145 (Ed)

Comment

Roll off works better IMO
        Whats my color? Color X

Comment

I'm a Ragg Top man myself. I really love their convertible top car kits. There are two. One is for fabric tops. The other is for vinyl tops. Since the outer coating of your top is PVC I would think you would want the vinyl kit.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Have you heard anything back on how the Marine Products could be used on a convertible?

I have just bought a new car, and am looking for a good soft-top cleaner and protector.

Thanks

Juli
            http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/julz2005/sig.gif

Comment

Isn't Ragg Top jointly produced by Haartz and another company? One company makes the cleaner and the other the protectant.
              As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Mike,

I appreciate the info on Raggtopp and it works fine, but I am a died in the wool Meguiar's believer and would still prefer to use your products if something comparable is available. Did you ever get any product information back on marine products that are recommended on Haartz vinyl convertible tops?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Re: convertible top cleaner & preservative

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Hi yzfer145,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Okay, I did a little research and here's what I found out, the top on your car is made by the Haartz company, here's a picture from their website listing the Mustang and the type of material used to make the top.

Here's a link to their website that will get you close to where the above photo was taken but it's not exact because of the way they display their web pages, you'll have to dig around a little.

On the Haartz website they recommend Raggtopp products,

One of the reasons for this is because in the past we have not made dedicated products for these materials. Now we do. At this time our products for these materials are in our Marine Line and directed towards the Marine market.

Are they compatible with automotive convertible top materials? I don't have specific answers to that but I can try to get more information for you next week when everyone returns to work here at Meguiar's.

Here's a link to our Marine products,

I know you mentioned in your e-mail to me that you are a Meguiar's user so if we can provide the solutions for your needs we would like to but at the end of the day the most important thing is to get you the right product as well as the best product for the job and if that's a competitors product then that's what we'll do.

So do some reading in the links I have provided and hang tight as I'm going to send the link to this thread to the Product Manager for both Marine products and Consumer products to see if I can get some help.

Thanks!

p.s.

Thanks for posting your question to our forum!
                  Did I miss the answer to this? been doing research on the best way to care for a fabric convertable top and not sure of the answer.
                  Thanks
                  Michael

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');