• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Dressings - Natural, High Gloss or Insanes Shine looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Dressings - Natural, High Gloss or Insanes Shine looks

Just thought I would share these photos that I have acquired of 3 different Meguiars tire dressings that I have used. Between the Gold Class Endurance, Gold Class Endurance High Gloss and NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray.

Gold Class Endurance - applied with a tire dressing applicator, excess wiped off with an old towel.
    - This leaves new tire appearance, there was some gloss at first, once it dried it turned to the "new tire look" or natural look.

Gold Class Endurance High Gloss - applied with a tire dressing applicator, excess wiped off with an old towel.
    - This leaves a glossy shine, not to glossy just about right for me.

NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray - Spray application, sprayed on and nothing more.
    - As you can see there is plenty of gloss with this product!

This isn't all Meguiars tire products, but gives a good idea of the look of a few of them if someone isn't quite sure what they want.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Excellent demonstration. I must have a bad batch of Insane Shine cause my tires always dry matte after a day, nothing like what you have pictured. I precede the dressing with NXT Tire Cleaner (foam type) and a bristle brush.

I really like the Endurance High Gloss Gel. It's easy to apply, doesn't run all over, and definitely lasts for weeks as the bottle says.
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
      I really like the Endurance High Gloss Gel. It's easy to apply, doesn't run all over, and definitely lasts for weeks as the bottle says.
      That is my favorite hands down. Works as advertised.
      Brandon

Comment

I was using the Hot Shine at first. both the spray and trigger. I like the spray adjuster, very cool idea to control how much to apply.
        then I started using Insane Shine. now that's my favorite.
        I actually like and want that shiny glossy look.
        its been wet and raining off and on in Los Angeles and it stills looks glossy.
        little on the pricey side but hey, it looks great!!

Comment

Yep, same path as me. Started with Hot Shine, then Insane Shine, but then I went back to Hot Shine as for me it dried glossy, but was more messy as it slung off easier. The I discovered Endurance High Gloss gel, and that's where I'm staying! Of course it costs even more than the other products but I think it's worth it, since you use less.

If you like both of those products, I would definitely suggest trying Endurance. I found it at Autozone.

Richard

Originally posted by MTBPATH
          I was using the Hot Shine at first. both the spray and trigger. I like the spray adjuster, very cool idea to control how much to apply.
          then I started using Insane Shine. now that's my favorite.
          I actually like and want that shiny glossy look.
          its been wet and raining off and on in Los Angeles and it stills looks glossy.
          little on the pricey side but hey, it looks great!!
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
            If you like both of those products, I would definitely suggest trying Endurance. I found it at Autozone.
            Richard
            I do have a bottle of the Endurance.
            but haven't tried it out yet.
            maybe next time around.
            I think the best way to apply it is by using the Meg's round applicator?
            but to think of using such a nice applicator to work on tires. what I do is use the no-name brand. that way I don't feel bad.
            that's just me.

Comment

I've used the EagleOne tire applicators that are curved, but I prefer the Meguiar's round foam applicators. I buy disposable surgical gloves from Target--big bag for $2.00, although I saw at Costco they have even bigger ones for $10, cause even with the foam pads, the gel gets all over the place. I keep the used applicator inside of a ziplock bag.

Originally posted by MTBPATH
              I do have a bottle of the Endurance.
              but haven't tried it out yet.
              maybe next time around.
              I think the best way to apply it is by using the Meg's round applicator?
              but to think of using such a nice applicator to work on tires. what I do is use the no-name brand. that way I don't feel bad.
              that's just me.
              Richard Lin
              ShowCarDetailing
              5548 E. La Palma Ave
              Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Nice demo. Get a gallon of Hyper Dressing and have your cake and eat it too.
                Quadruple Honda Owner
                Black cars are easy!

Comment

Can you mention anything about how long you found each of those dressings last? Assuming no snow, massive rainstorm, etc.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                    Can you mention anything about how long you found each of those dressings last? Assuming no snow, massive rainstorm, etc.
                    The Endurance Versions seems to last the longest... 2-3 weeks (depending on rain) even after rain the product still looks good, like a dressed tire, with the High Gloss version loosing a little gloss. The time I notice a significant difference with the tire dressings is from the coin-op wash seems to remove a lot of the dressing if not all (any of the products). The Insane Shine seems to tone way down after a few days (the tire still looks good) and likes to sling more than the Endurance versions. For the money its Endurance High Gloss all the way a bottle lasts for ever! Seems a little of the high gloss goes a long ways, it seems to take more of the "natural" Endurance (actual product) to get the desired look and the Insane Shine requires the most product to get the proper look, there for the least economical. The IS seems to be the most affected by the environment loosing the "insane" look the fastest.

It is a little difficult to gauge, every day/week its different weather. You never know it may rain all week washing the dressing off over a few days then it may not rain for a month allowing the dressing to last a month(Endurance).

........Giving me an idea for a actual test to compare how long they last, un-scientific that is. I will have to work on that, I am getting a new digi camera in the next week, this may be a first good use!
                    Brandon

Comment

Of all the tire dressings I've used, Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel is the best. Not only does it make the tires look better than new, it smells like grape juice.

2012 KIA PICANTO
                      Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                      Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by areaseven
                        Of all the tire dressings I've used, Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel is the best. Not only does it make the tires look better than new, it smells like grape juice.
                        I agree... good stuff! From time to time while I am detailing I put a little in my bottled water for the grape flavor.... No, I really don't but I do like the smell.
                        Brandon

Comment

I've been using the Quik Interior spray for my Falken tires ever since I've bought them (3k miles). I liked the matte/like new bare finish that the Quik Interior does on the tires but now I desire a slightly more shine.

Would the #38 be the next level up in regards to shine? I don't want anything glossy.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by evo77
                            I've been using the Quik Interior spray for my Falken tires ever since I've bought them (3k miles). I liked the matte/like new bare finish that the Quik Interior does on the tires but now I desire a slightly more shine.

Would the #38 be the next level up in regards to shine? I don't want anything glossy.
                            QID on tires, never heard of it, but if it works for you it works for me. Check out this post: Tire Dressing Test - 56K warning! should give you a good idea of #38's look. I plan on doing the same thing with another round of products but I am waiting for my "sample" of Hot Shine.
                            Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                              QID on tires, never heard of it, but if it works for you it works for me. Check out this post: Tire Dressing Test - 56K warning! should give you a good idea of #38's look. I plan on doing the same thing with another round of products but I am waiting for my "sample" of Hot Shine.
                              Yeah, using Quik Interior on tires isn't quite the norm around here but since I love using it in my interior I decided to try it out on the tires. Its done an ok job but its such a dilutted product it pretty much just evaporates after applied. LOL So I need something that offers a litte more richness to the tire.

I did see your thread, that is why I asked if #38 was the next level up in terms of shine since it seemed to be the least glossy out of the others in your test.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');