• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 on E500 Black Mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 on E500 Black Mercedes

I washed, spot polished with M80, and waxed with M21 today. I had originally polished out this car 2 months ago, and at the time finished it off with #7 and NXT Tech Wax. Since then, the car has seen rain in Napa Valley, and all kinds of conditions---the wheels were black, and paint was brown from all the dirt.

After washing with NXT Car Wash, I was happy to find the paint was still free of any bonded above surface contaminants. I polished out some fine scratches on the hood and the trunk area with M80 and my PC.

Then I applied M21 with a W9006 pad on speed 3 and buffed it off by hand.

Last edited by OctaneGuy; Dec 29, 2005, 04:14 PM.
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Well done !!

The deep gloss and shine of the color makes me speechless..

Comment

Killer finish! I am beyond impressed.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Thanks for the nice words! Just in case you missed it, this was the original detail.

At the time it was too dark to get any good daytime reflection shots, so I returned the next day, only to get stuck in traffic, and once get had to shoot at night!

So yesterday I didn't focus on any Before shots, just wanted to get good AFTER shots since I couldn't get them before.
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Car looks great! Very nice.

OT: Seeing you mini in the back ground... have you outgrown the the mini yet, as far as hauling all your supplies or is there plenty of room?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There is an amazing amount of room in the MINI. Even adding the folding platform scaffold--seen in the pic between the Mercedes and the MINI with the pressure washer, I got lots of space left.

I got a Nav which is perfect for finding clients, and tells me estimated time to arrive--so I can be on time.

It handles and maneuvers better than a truck, and gets good gas mileage--25 to 35MPG, plus I always keep it looking wet and shiny so it attracts attention.

Of course no room for a generator or more than around 5 to 10 gallons of water, but for the work I'm going after, having my own electricity and water isn't a requirement.

If you follow the Pro Detailers forum, it's been a matter of choosing the right equipment that fits my ride. =) My 18volt DeWalt Wet/Dry Vac has been perfect, powerful, takes up a small amount of room.

I can still get a 10x10 or 12x12 EZ Up in the front seat as well.

I guess the only real downside of using my MINI is that I got to unload it when I need to haul my kid around--having a truck or van that's always loaded and ready to go at a moments notice is certainly nice.

Originally posted by gb387
            Car looks great! Very nice.

OT: Seeing you mini in the back ground... have you outgrown the the mini yet, as far as hauling all your supplies or is there plenty of room?
            Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

I could see how the Mini would draw more attention, even more when its all shined up, you have a little less paint to keep looking good, over a larger vehicle (van/pickup) = more time for the business or family. Its a unique vehicle to use for detailing, very nice.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

WHOA!!!

Kelly
                MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

wow, it's just like a mirror! Good work!
                  I'm still waiting for my M21, still not availeble in Belgium :s

Kind regards Bert

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');