• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Foam Brush At Self-serve Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Foam Brush At Self-serve Car Wash

Is it ok to use the Foam Brushes at the sefl serve CAr washes or is thsi a NO-NO? Does it leave Swirls?? ect...
    2003 Nismo SE-R

2007 Nissan Frontier

www.prestigiousinnovations.com

[Links are not allowed until 30 posts have be achieved; Tim]

If what you're talking about is one of those hard/medium bristled brushes where the foam comes out the head - I'd never let one of those touch my car. Especially since everyone uses them, they fall on the ground, and are filled with dirt and grit that will scratch your car.
    -Dennis/FromThisSoil

If anyone is in need of a company logo or flier design, don't hesitate to ask for help.
    I can accommodate any budget.
    To see a few samples of my work just PM me.

Comment

They are no good for a car.... If you want swirls quick and easy those brushes will do the trick!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

^^ I second that and will never, ever let one of those brushes touch my vehicle due to how stiff the bristles are and also you never know what the person before you used it on. I have seen many people use those things and I laugh to myself because I just could never do that. Not to mention how you see the hose that is attached to the brush just constantly banging against the vehicle and you can't imagine if that to is leaving scratches, etc. Don't do it!!!
        Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
        2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

NOOOOO!!! Don't use the swirl-'em-up brush!!

If you think about it, how many cars have been through that wash bay before yours? Yeah, that's right - dozens! Each one thoroughly filthy, with tiny grit particles that get embedded in the bristles of the brush when pushed across the paint surface. I've even seen some of these brushes filled with gravel and small rocks/sticks/etc.

If you have something you really NEED a brush for, I'd recommend going out and getting your own brush like the Versa-Angle Body Brush, and then cleaning it out between uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
            ^^ I second that and will never, ever let one of those brushes touch my vehicle due to how stiff the bristles are and also you never know what the person before you used it on. I have seen many people use those things and I laugh to myself because I just could never do that. Not to mention how you see the hose that is attached to the brush just constantly banging against the vehicle and you can't imagine if that to is leaving scratches, etc. Don't do it!!!
            Meh, I've used it for wheel wells, tire sidewalls, and stuff like that; no big deal. Paint, on the other hand, is NOT something I would let that brush touch.

Comment

You can certainly go to one of those coin-op places to give your wheelwells/underbody a blast of soapy water. But none of those brushes would touch my paint.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

wheels and underbody only !
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

when its to cold out to bring out my hose i go to those pressure washers..i only use them brushes on my wheel wells ..i see people with those monster trucks using those brushs after they go mud boggin....they have all kinds of dirt and small stones inside them brushes..i would never think to put it on my paint..i kinda laugh when i see someone using them..i bring a bucket and a wash mit with me and do my car with my own stuff..thats probly the best way to approach those pressure washing bays.
                  RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

accept for the fact that sometimes the people post signs that say no bucket wash and also ppl behind you get mad because your spending like $5 to wash your car but you take forever!
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I've been there many times and prefer them for maybe wheels only... However, it's not uncommon to see someone who owns a paving business or landscaping business take their equipment there for a good cleaning, which can only be bad for whoever uses it next. I would recommend rinsing out the brush with the washing wand before using it too.
                      Jason
                      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Comment

I have used the brush on SUV wheel wells. It saves quite a bit of time and energy, plus you can use the pressure wand to blow out any dirt from under there.
                        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Originally posted by jetta18T
                          I've been there many times and prefer them for maybe wheels only... However, it's not uncommon to see someone who owns a paving business or landscaping business take their equipment there for a good cleaning, which can only be bad for whoever uses it next. I would recommend rinsing out the brush with the washing wand before using it too.
                          90% of the people I see using the coin-op bay are driving a dump truck, cement truck, work truck, or look like they just got back from off roading. Not only that, but how many people in this thread have said they use the brush on their wheel wells? If I were to use the coin-op myself I would just stick with the high pressure sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc
                            90% of the people I see using the coin-op bay are driving a dump truck, cement truck, work truck, or look like they just got back from off roading. Not only that, but how many people in this thread have said they use the brush on their wheel wells? If I were to use the coin-op myself I would just stick with the high pressure sprayer.
                            A little off topic but in the same lines.... I use the coin-op in the winter and nothing is more irritating than pulling into a bay covered in mud, you know when someone just washed off their dump truck/mudding vehicle. Nothing like pulling out of the bay with your vehicle dirtier than when you pulled in, you know mud on the floor mats and flying off the tires as you pull out. It would only be proper if they spent an extra .50 cents to wash the floor down since they made the mess.
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');