• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest - Best Christmas Lights Reflection Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest - Best Christmas Lights Reflection Shot

Contest - Best Christmas Lights Reflection Shot

Just for fun we're going to have a contest to see who can capture the best Christmas Lights Reflection shot of the finish of a car.

Here are the Photo rules:

Each entry must include two photos of the same shot, (see below), and the photos must be hosted in the Meguiar's Online Photo Gallery with a maximum width of 700 pixels wide.
    • 1. Framing shot - This is typically a far shot to show the big picture, i.e. the entire car and the background.
      2. The actual reflection shot of the lights on the finish. This can be up close or far away, your choice.

Here are the Contest rules:
    • 1. You can enter as many times as you like but you can only win once.
      2. Each entry must be photos of a different scene, that is you cannot use the same background lights for repeat entries.

Here are the prizes, your choice of one of the below:
    • G205 SOFT-SIDED TRUNK ORGANIZER
      G1000 MEGUIAR'S DELUXE DETAILING CASE
      G1100 MEGUIAR'S DETAILING CASE

Winners will be chosen on Wednesday, December 28th by either a popular vote (I'll set this up as a poll), or I'll choose an arbitrary forum member to be the judge, or a combination of both. Either way, someone's going to win!

How to put pictures into your posts
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Here's an example

Framing Shot

Christmas Lights Reflection Shot

This was taken in front of our house and yes we have a lit Palm Tree as a part of our Christmas Lights decorations so it counts although I'm not eligible for the contest.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here are the prizes.. if you are chosen as a winner, you can choose one of the below items.

Trunk Organizer

G1100 Deluxe Detailing Case or G1000 Detailing Case

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

To bad the prizes aren't full of products!!!

I'll have to see if there are any good displays in my little town.
        Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
        08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
        98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
        82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I would like to protest this contest. I cannot keep the salt off the car long enough to have a chance. fWashing the car at this point would not do me any good. fI have so much wax on the car right now that the water beads like crazy. The only problem is when I rinse the car before washing it the water beads and freezes before I can wash it. I guess this is the problem I have to deal with living in Chicago.

Before any one says that they wash there car in the garage when it's that cold out, I would do that but my garage was 34 degrees this monrning when I started the car. You are probably thinking that's not a big deal right.

I also need to tell you that the temperature outside was -2.
          2000 Grand Prix GTP
          2007 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by flipper
            I would like to protest this contest. I cannot keep the salt off the car long enough to have a chance. fWashing the car at this point would not do me any good. fI have so much wax on the car right now that the water beads like crazy. The only problem is when I rinse the car before washing it the water beads and freezes before I can wash it. I guess this is the problem I have to deal with living in Chicago.

Before any one says that they wash there car in the garage when it's that cold out, I would do that but my garage was 34 degrees this monrning when I started the car. You are probably thinking that's not a big deal right.

I also need to tell you that the temperature outside was -2.
            I know it's not a meguiars product, but maybe keep some QEW around for these occasions? I find that I can wash and dry the car before it has time to freeze, if I use warm water to start with. (refer to a couple other recent threads for some info on the QEW product).

Comment

This contest is a great idea!
              See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Fun contest. I will try to find a spot!
                SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Great contest but I don't think I can enter even though I would love to because we have been in the teen's and single digits here for the last couple weeks and even though my truck needs a bath very bad, I don't dare put water on it like others do when it is so cold out. I just shake my head when I see people using the spray wash and it is 18 degrees out.
                  Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
                  2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Yep great idea Mike. I'll be submitting a few.
                    Richard Lin
                    ShowCarDetailing
                    5548 E. La Palma Ave
                    Anaheim, CA 92807
                    toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

If it wasn't 18 degrees out I might be tempted to wash my vehicle to get a nice shine. Too much salt on it now.

Oh well, I guess there's always the next contest.
                      2000 Nissan Maxima
                      2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

This contest is basis againest the East Coast, and meant for somebody on the West Coast to win!!

Us east coasters are just trying to stay warm and keep the salt off our cars, not cleaning every other day and wearing tee shirts!!

Comment

Ehh, maybe just clean one little spot on the door... show the contrast ... and a little protest.

I guess there cant be a dirtiest car contest on here, or worst refelction....
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Darn its 35 and raining, looks like I'll have to use the carport and go buy some christmas lights.

Comment

Frame Shot:

Reflection Shot:

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');