• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to remove swirl marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove swirl marks?

I use to think my car had slim to none swirl marks until I parked it to get gas. The light above me showed me how many swirl marks I actually did have on my car. Im wondering if you guys can help me remove these. Swirl marks are the number one thing that makes me mad about my paint. Heres a list of what products I just bought so maybe if you could tell me step by step, like use wax with applicator wipe off with microfiber stuff like that, the best way to get these swirl marks out I'd appreciate it.
    Meguiars Duo-Fiber Glass towel
    Absorber
    Nxt Tech Wax
    Deep Crystal Car wash (I plan on buying NXT when I find it )
    Hot Rims
    Step 2 DCSP
    NXT Tech Protectant
    NXT Glass Cleaner
    NXT Insane Shine
    Chenille wash Mitt
    2 Meguiars Microfiber towels
    2 packs of applicators
    Meguiars Body Brush
    Meguiars Tire Brush
    Meguiars Scratch X

If I have to buy new products I will. I just really want to get rid of these swirl marks and learn how to properly as my dads 96 SS needs some major work and I plan on doing it.

The scratchx will work great with a microfiber, then apply two thin coats of wax.

Comment

Originally posted by fordfan
      The scratchx will work great with a microfiber, then apply two thin coats of wax.
      Should I apply it with a High Tech Applicator or a Terry cloth one?
      After that I just wipe off with a MF right?

Comment

A terry cloth would work fine and then just wipe it off with a microfiber, but it may take 2 or more coats of scratchx to get rid of most of the swirls

Comment

Be sure to read the How to remove Scratches/Swirls with ScratchX articles in the How-To Section.

You will want to use SCratchX, working by hand, to remove the swirls, probably applied with some terry cloth.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');