• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watermark hell!! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watermark hell!! Help

Hey guys, on my '78 VW Bus it was getting blasted by watersprinklers every night where it's parked. I found paint cleaner removes them. But I have a couple of questions. Would a clay bar remove them? and Is there any products out there to prevent watermarks from forming. Because no matter where I park it it's getting hit by the sprinklers.

Clay would indeed work. You will not find a product that will completely stop water spotting. Water contains minerals. As the water evaporates it leaves these deposits. You could use a car cover.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Usually a good washing should remove the water spotting. Paint cleaner and clay will also help.

Though, water spots can etch into the paint in some conditions, making this a whole 'nother story. But in your case, I think washing/paint cleaning should do the trick.

Also, you may want to figure a way to deflect sprinklers from hitting your bus, such as a tarp rigged to two poles. You could put up every night before the sprinklers start, or something.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I did try washing my bus and that didn't remove the water marks, I know the paint cleaner works but I'd like to try the clay bar as well. For a tarp...the side of my bus that get's hit by the sprinklers has an awning that I could just drape down the side of my bus, that might work.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');