• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeWalt buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt buffer

I thought I would pass this on--

I recently bought a buffer on Ebay that had a nasty knock when I used it. I was going to throw it away until I got an idea and checked DeWalts web site. (They also sell Porter Cable parts BTW)

I can order the parts right off the site!! I opened the buffer up and found a gear that had a chipped tooth. I used this exploded drawing and ordered the new gear (part 47).

My new parts are on their way!

DeWalt parts list
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Got’ta love the Internet!

PC.

Comment

Good to know, Joe! (See, I'm a poet and didn't know it!)

I think one of the bearings in my G100A is starting to go bad (I use it on speed 6 alot, which may explain why) so I haven't yet decided if I should send it into Meguiar's or just get the part myself. I'll definitely reference that site when the time comes.

Comment

Nice! My buffer feels like it's getting down on power and it's time to tear it apart. I'll definatly use that to order my parts from.

Does PC have the same thing? I think I've got a bearing going also. There's a slight screetch when I turn it off.

Comment

On a side note.... In Des Moines, Iowa there us a Dewalt store, kind of a tool hospital and parts store(they don't sell the tools). A few months ago at work our carpenters had a 18V Dewalt drill handle break in half(the case). The carpenters went out and bought a new drill and were about to toss the old one out.... I told them to wait a min... called the Dewalt store and bought a new case, replaced it myself and it only cost $20! Can't beat that, for a trash bound drill!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

From what I've heard, DeWalt now has corporate ownership of Porter Cable as well as Delta.
            See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

meguiars d/a cost 2.5 times as much as the p/c; isn't the warrenty/service what your

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
              Good to know, Joe! (See, I'm a poet and didn't know it!)

I think one of the bearings in my G100A is starting to go bad (I use it on speed 6 alot, which may explain why) so I haven't yet decided if I should send it into Meguiar's or just get the part myself. I'll definitely reference that site when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');