• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??? about full detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? about full detail

New to the site, been lurking here for a while. Decided to sign up finally, now I have questions. Have a 05 Mustang and 04 Malibu going to give a full detailing. I like doing things myself, gives a sense of accomplishment. And saves me money while learning right and wrong.

I can't find APC in any of my local stores, can I use a general cleaner like Simple Green until I order APC. This is for the engine bay on both vehicles.

Malibu is deep blue has swirl marks that I want to get rid of, what's the best way to accomplish this? Scratch X followed by ColoRX, then NXT. I've gotten the car care prescription, but wanted ideas from others before trying.

Also this is going to be done by hand,(my poor arms) I don't have a polisher yet maybe Christmas. Thanks in advance

Simple green, or mean green, or orange blast etc etc etc... Will be just fine for the engine bays...
    Since you doing it by hand, scratch X will be the product of choice to remoce the swirls... Just remember to work one area at a time maybe 1'X1' and to work the prodcut in thoroughly. I would also deff clay the cars after washing. This will make the cars not only look 500 times better, but will be much easier on your arm. Personally, I would Clay, Scratch X, pure polish (like #7 show car glaze, or D.C. 2) then Nxt tech... But thats just me. I havent used Color X yet, but expect that the Scratch X, being a paint cleaner, would remove any oxidation the Color X would remove...
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');