• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Paint Specks-Overspray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Paint Specks-Overspray

A building near my office was spray painted and small drops of white or tan paint are all over the hood and front fenders of my dark green Honda CR-V. I washed with the gold car wash and waxed with an orbital buffer, but it did not remove the paint specks. I can get them off with a fingernail, but far too many to go that route.

Can anyone recomend a specific product that may remove the overspray spots without destroying the factory paint?.
    Douglas Gray, South Florida

Sounds like you have identified the source of the paint spray. I would recommend that you contact the people responsible and have either them or their insurance company pay to have the overspray on your Honda removed by a professional. That's probably your best alternative at this point.
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Try auto clay: This will get rid of the paint. DO it before it bonds to your car. You can get the quik clay at your local auto parts store (autozone, advanced etc). It looks like this:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Yes, just washing and waxing would work to seal the paint in if anything. Washing and claying should be the best solution.

I will mention that some people have waxed over different contaminants before, and have had some trouble claying over fesh wax to remove the contaminants. You may need a little DC#1 to get rid of the wax, then clay.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My wife's black Jetta was severely covered with overspray and I didn't find out until the company folded and she was out of work. I used two clay bars and removed all of the overspray. It was tough, but I am happy I did it myself.

Make a claim, get the insurance check, buy the clay and go to town.
          05 Frountier CC SE...Black

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');