May 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
I am thinking of getting these products. I have never used Meguiars products before but after alot of research and searching these seem like some of the best if not the best products you can buy.
I was wandering if you could tell me what pads, speed and working for these products:
#81 or #82 or both?
#16 or #26
Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
The above recommendations are only a starting point. Keep in mind; there are many variables, which contribute to the overall performance of a product, and the end result.
1) Paint ? Type of paint, age of paint, hardness of paint?all of these play into which pad and product will work best for that particular application.
2) Pressure ? Increased pressure means increased ?cutting action??In some cases this is needed, and in other case this could be detrimental to the surface.
3) OPM?s ? By increasing the OPM's?s of the machine, you automatically increase the action of the machine. This means additional ?cutting action? for when using products that have swirl removal capability. However, if you?re simply spreading ?wax?, you should reduce the speed of the machine at this stage of application.
4) Arm Speed ? The quicker you move your arms back and forth, the less chance the product has to do it job. For example, a swirl remover needs to be allowed to work itself into the surface. The slower the arm speed the greater chance of removing swirls.
5) Pad Choice ? The more aggressive the pad, the more ?cutting? action will take place. You must first evaluate your finish, determine your goal, and then choose the appropriate pad to do the job.
6) Product Choice - You must first evaluate your finish, determine your goal, and then choose the appropriate product to do the job.
By evaluating the finish, choosing the right product, and using good techniques, a quality finish can be achieved fairly simply.
Dec 24th, 2004, 06:51 AM
For want its worth... Out of the ones in your list I have use #81, NXT and #26. All are great product easy to apply and remove and leave great results! I haven't used all meguiars waxes/cleaners/polishes but the ones that I have used work well and you can mix and match products and not have any problems.
Dec 24th, 2004, 07:01 AM
NXt and #26...both are sweet waxes
Dec 24th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I would choose both #81 Hand Polish ( a pure polish) and #82 Swirl Free Polish. Meg's #82 has a mild cleaning ability whereas #81 is a pure polish.
#82 + #81 + NXT x 2 (or #16 or #26)
Happy Holidays! :)