PDA

View Full Version : Is it Worth buying G1900k (Headlight Restoration Kit) if I own DA and PlastX?

felixjj
Aug 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I tried PlastX by hand and was a little disappointed in the results. Should I try the DA with a Polishing Pad using PlastX? My 7" pads will fit on the headlights. Or should I buy a Headlight Restoration Kit? Basically I would be buying it for the drill attachment pad (which looks like wool).

I read the other posts. I don't think my headlights require wet sanding yet.

Keebler
Aug 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
If you have PlastX and your headlights will accommodate the 7" pads; go ahead and give it a try. I tried PlastX by hand and was not satisfied. My headlights have the alignment protrusions that prevented me from using the 7" pad, so I got the 3M kit that attaches to a drill. It came with different grits of sand paper and a foam pad. I was very pleased with the results.

ClearlyCoated
Aug 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
The drill attachment in the kit is wool. But certainly you can try the DA and polishing pad first. Tape off the painted area surrounding the headlight cowl before polishing (just a precaution, but no need to take chances)

J. A. Michaels
Aug 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Try a test. Use the d/a and the pads. if it works great. If not go and buy the kit.