PDA

View Full Version : Paint Care

leox5
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:24 AM
[SIZE=3]hey guys i'm not a professional detailer. I am detailing my Ford Expedition that has abused paint. it has water marks all over the body and NXT wax didn't do anything.

I have the #23 Yellow wax, DACP #83 and Makita Buffer with W7000 Soft Buff cutting pad. Will these do to remover the water spots? Hot do i apply the #83 DACP? Should i apply it by hand or put it directly at the buffing pad? Do i need to let it dry?

After the #83? should i apply the #23 immediately?

Mike Phillips
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by leox5
hey guys I'm not a professional detailer. I am detailing my Ford Expedition that has abused paint. it has water marks all over the body and NXT wax didn't do anything.

That's because it's not a cleaner/wax. There are many on the Internet that exaggerate the cleaning ability of this product and try to make it sound like a cleaner/wax but as you have discovered, this is simply not true.

I have the #26 Yellow wax, DACP #83 and Makita Buffer with W7000 Soft Buff cutting pad. Will these do to remover the water spots? Hot do i apply the #83 DACP? Should i apply it by hand or put it directly at the buffing pad? Do i need to let it dry?

After the #83? should i apply the #26 immediately?

See my answer to the other place you posted this question.

Note: After buffing with a W-7006 Cutting pad, you will need to re-polish the finish with a softer pad such as a W-8000 polishing pad, or a W-9000 finishing pad to remove any buffer haze.

The #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is a pure wax and is completely non-abrasive and offers no cleaning ability. I will not help you to remove any above or below surface defects.

Hope this helps...

Mike