PDA

View Full Version : Recent problems with Spell Checking...

RGP
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

ieSpell http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/3000-12512_4-10208550.html?part=14291&subj=dlpage&tag=button no longer highlights (turns blue) the word in question. I did some recommended MS updates a few nights ago. It was acting fine for two days after those updates were installed, and just this evening stopped the highlighting. I frequent two different forums and neither spell checker works like it used to. It still basically works, but it's a nuisance searching the text for the misspelled word. Are you having any difficulties?

Thanks in advance...

Murr1525
Jul 5th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Mine seems ok so far.

J. A. Michaels
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Same here. no problems.

RGP
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I'm seeing now that perhaps Internet Explorer version 8 is the problem. It worked fine with version 7. Darn!

Andrew C.
Jul 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I'm seeing now that perhaps Internet Explorer version 8 is the problem. It worked fine with version 7. Darn!

Switch to Mozilla Firefox, it's safer and faster!

RGP
Jul 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Switch to Mozilla Firefox, it's safer and faster!

I'm a computer illiterate baby boomer, Andrew. Can I download Firefox and try it while I still keep I.E. version 8 on my Vista computer, and then decide which I prefer or must I first remove I.E. 8?

If all else fails, I can always ask the ten year old boy next door! :doh

AeroCleanse
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm a computer illiterate baby boomer, Andrew. Can I download Firefox and try it while I still keep I.E. version 8 on my Vista computer, and then decide which I prefer or must I first remove I.E. 8?

If all else fails, I can always ask the ten year old boy next door! :doh

You can't remove IE from a Windows computer.

RGP
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:51 AM
You can't remove IE from a Windows computer.

So I can download Firefox and try it. Then if I don't like it, I can merely go to add or remove programs and delete Firefox completely?

Ryan L.
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
So I can download Firefox and try it. Then if I don't like it, I can merely go to add or remove programs and delete Firefox completely?

Yep. I would be very surprised if you didn't like it over Internet Explorer 8.

Internet Explorer has to be one of the worse browsers I've ever used.

Ryan

RGP
Jul 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks a million, Ryan!!! :doublethumbsup2