PDA

View Full Version : question for mike again...and anyone esle

Z71project
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:00 AM
I clayed my truck and then in attempt to remove the water spots from my truck I tried the Megs scratch x just like you told me mike...You could see that it helped some but the water spots are there in a very light manner.....this other web site stated that some professional details say that it needs a acid bath if there that bad, and that a secret that is used is a gallon a distilled vineagar....washing the vehicle with that using a sponge after a wash and then wash the vehicle on afterwards.....Anywords of advice or products to use....i used the megs professional cleaner wax and it helped a little, this was applied with a regualar orbital buffer.....please help the color is maroon or burgandy u could say...........

Mike Phillips
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Check this link out for starters,

Two kinds of water spots (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2387&highlight=kinds+water+spots)

There are two kinds of water spots,

1) Above Surface Mineral Deposits
2) Below Surface Water Spot Etchings

If you have type 1 water spots, you can use a clay bar by hand. Clay bars are for removing above surface defects. Sometimes you may have to follow the claying process with a paint cleaner like ScratchX to completely remove all traces of where the mineral deposits attached to the finish.

If you type 2 water spots, you can use a paint cleaner by hand, or a machine applied cleaner/polish, paint cleaner or in a worst case scenario, a compound.

It couldn't hurt to try washing the car with a Vinager solution, you could at least test this idea in a small area first. But if it's Type 1 Spots, then clay should also remove them..

Mike