View Full Version : Help
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM
need some help with a 98 sunfire thats black. the paint is dull and dirty and has your regular automatic car washes scratches, and i dont know what products to use just looking for some help and suggustions. and im doing the car by hand.
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Well, you are going to need some reading material to start off with...
Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2409)
Step 1 Wash
Step 2 Clean
Step 3 Polish
Step 4 Protect
Step 5 Maintain
What it Means to Remove a Scratch (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7228)
How To Remove Swirls By Hand (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7011)
How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1516)
And, once you get your car back in good shape:
Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7304)
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Welcome to Meguiar's Online! :welcome
Spend some time upfront reading the information in the links Murr1525 posted and you'll mentally equipped to tackle the job. Using quality product like Meguiar's together with sound how-to information will insure your success.
Good luck with your project!
Mar 7th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I have been doing some reading, im just not sure what product i should use but here is a start?
2. clay bar
3. scratch-x ?
4. this is where im lost what to do next whats a good wax nxt gold series?
5. protect with a spray wax.
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM
1. wash - Correct
2. clay bar - Correct
3. scratch-x ? - I say use DC#1 on the etire vehicle, and spot use Scratch X as needed
4. this is where im lost what to do next? - There is a Deep Crystal #2. It's polish and this is the step that gives it that wet-look.
whats a good wax nxt gold series? I like the Gold Class Wax. I have a black truck and I like the look it gives me. Nxt Tech wax is good also, it comes down to preference. And remember 2 thin coats of wax regardless which you choose!
5. protect with a spray wax. - Correct in between waxes, you would use a Spray Wax. I typically use a spray wax every 2 weeks, right after I wash and dry my truck.
Hope this helps
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:36 PM