PDA

View Full Version : Wow! PlastX rocks!

vette9979
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:14 AM
I wish I had known about this product years ago! I polished up the headlights on my 1993 Chevy K-Blazer and WOW! Opitical clarity restored! I cleaned them by hand, and will post pictures tonight. I am so HAPPY!!

WOOHOO!!

Kudos again go to Mike for showing my this weekend in Dallas that a little PASSION doesn't hurt! :xyxthumbs

fixed :D

Ok...I should have taken an initial picture, but I didnt. You can see the left side of the lens has been polished by hand while the right has not. This is with 3 passes and some passion :D

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/vetteboy1979//BlazerPics/hl2.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/vetteboy1979//BlazerPics/hl5.jpg

sneek
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:24 AM
can't wait for pics!

SiriusRIMZ
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by vette9979
...Kudos again go to Mike for showing my this weekend in Dallas that a little elbow grease doesn't hurt! :xyxthumbs

Its "passion" hehe.

gb387
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:56 PM
PlastX is a great product, not only cleans up dirty/hazy plastic keeps the new stuff looking new. Great Stuff!

sneek
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
looks a lot better!
but now u must go if the swirls

vette9979
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by sneek
looks a lot better!
but now u must go if the swirls

YES! I know now how to use my DA, so the swirls will be leaving soon! It is a 13 year old truck, btw :D

I'll post a thread on that in a couple of weeks!

Teak
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM
The headlights look good.

Eric

matt colvin
Feb 21st, 2006, 12:50 PM
Yes, Plastx is great. I tried it on my '98 k1500 this past weekend, and while my headlights weren't as hazy as yours, I could really see the difference that night driving home!!

Also worked great on my clear ipod case!!!:xyxthumbs

F-150
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah PlastX gave me great results. I used it in the interior of my truck, right on the tinted plastic on the radio because it was dull and scratched, and it seriously only took a few minutes to tape off, and work in PlastX w/ a foam applicator and wipe off with mf. It was quickly used and restored to like new appearance, but I noticed that it attracted more dust, or at least the dust is more noticable. No problem tho, interior qd and a mf every so often works perfect.